Only text files should be uploaded. Tab-separated (TAB), Comma-separated (CSV) and a few variants are supported.
Excel files should be saved as tab separated files before uploading.
The first line should contain the field names, which are listed below, with brief explanations:
- stock_code is the unique stock code or product code, or part number you use.
- name is a short descriptive name or title your product is known as
- EAN is the European Article Number (the barcode number)
- qty_avail is the number of products available to promise, ie. excluding products already allocated to sales orders.
- qty_held is the number of products already allocated or being held for existing orders
- order_qty_min is the minimum number of products which can be purchased at a time. It might be the packet size.1
- order_qty_step is the multiples of products which must be purchased beyond the minimum quantity1
- price is the regular wholesale price
- rrp is the recommended retail price
- special is the reduced wholesale price, this selling price is automatically chosen when it's value is lower than 'price'
- cost is the cost of the item to you, the supplier. May be omitted.
- image is the file name of the image associated with the product. File names are case-sensitive on the iPad2
- description is a textual description of the product. May include any extra details you desire. Presently must be a single line (no paragraphs) but words will wrap when displayed
- category is the name of the category or major-group which this product will be listed under
- subcategory is the name of the subcategory or minor-group which this product will be listed under
- custom 1-9 up to nine custom fields may be included.
The field names need not be "custom 1" etc, the first nine unrecognised field names will be used.
1 For example, if products are sold in packets of 10, then use order_qty_min=10 and order_qty_step=10.
But if a customer can purchase any number from 10 upwards (eg. 11, 12, etc) then order_qty_min=10 and order_qty_step=1.
Put another way, order_qty_step is the minimum additional number of items which can be purchased after the order_qty_min has been satisfied.
2 This means that if you have an image field with 'abc.jpg' in it, the file must also be named 'abc.jpg' exactly.
Images named with different case (eg. 'ABC.jpg', Abc.jpg or 'abc.JPG') will show on the web and in emails, but will not show on the iPad or iPhone.
Be careful, because some computer operating sytems will hide the extension from you by default — it still must match.
All fields may only be a single line of text (currenlty due to import format limitations).
Some variation on field names is permitted, so avoid custom field names similar to those listed above.
With the exception of the product description field, fields are limited to 250 characters in length, or 180 characters with encryption.
The nine custom fields can be named anything (the first nine unrecognised field names will be accepted as custom fields).