Only text files should be uploaded. Tab-separated (TAB), Comma-separated (CSV) and a few variants are supported.
Excel files can not be uploaded directly. They should be exported as CSV, and the CSV file uploaded.
The first line should contain the field names, which are listed below, with brief explanations:
- cust_id is a unique code you use for the customer.
- sales_rep is the sales rep. code (user) who looks after this customer.
If this field is provided, the customer will not appear on other rep phones (whose customer access is filtered).
If empty the customer will appear on all rep phones. Note: sales rep names are not encrypted.
- discount is the customer's wholesale % discount (a decimal number 0-100, without the '%' symbol) to be applied to all orders
- name is the customer's name, as you (or they) would like it to appear on orders
- addr1 is the first line of the customer's address
- addr2 is the optional second line of the customer's address
- addr3 is the optional third line of the customer's address
- state is the state portion of the customer's address
- postcode is the postal code of the customer's address. 'zip' is also accepted for this field name.
- country is the country of the customer's address
- email is the customer's email, used to send them a copy of their orders taken
- phone is the customer's phone number, as information for the sales rep only
- custom 1-9 up to nine custom fields may be included.
The field names need not be "custom 1" etc, the first nine unrecognised field names will be used.
All fields may only be a single line of text (currenlty due to import format limitations).
Some variation on field names is permitted, so avoid custom field names similar to those listed above.
All fields are limited to 250 characters in length, or 180 characters with encryption.